Board index Islam

Re: How do you distinguish faith in God vs. Allah?

Postby Loving the Ride » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:56 pm

Thanks for the background on Islam. I've run into more than one qualified researcher who mentioned the Arian Psalms and have heard Muslims scholars often comment about the "miraculous" rhythmic nature of some of the verses (in Arabic). It was initially recited like hymns. Mohammed and the Qur'an itself calls the Qur'an a Miracle, and I believe that claim is based on its poetic verses. Mohammed and his followers were robbing caravans and neighboring communities, so I could see how he appropriated them from a burgeoning sect and took credit for them. I will PM you some citations if I have time to gather those references.

Luther might have had some good proposed reforms, but the ones that I've seen have been shown to be in error, including his position on Sola Scriptura. If you read his biographies, you'll see that his faith in Christ was very weak. The following presentation is an overview of that background, and Luther's credibility. The fact that he did not feel dedicated enough to Christ should be the first clue in regard to his credibility with Christ. He broke his vows and eloped with a nun.

https://youtu.be/YDgLskJox-Y

If you study Joseph Smith's formative years, you'll see that he was desperately seeking unity and coherent doctrines. It was quite tragic really. He was seeking what the Catholic Church had all along, but Protestants had persecuted Catholics to the point where it was not available to him. The same is true to different degrees for the thousands of other Christian sects, each inventing their own interpretations. There is a natural seeking for the Catholic Church that Christ established, just like there is a natural seeking for Christ. To deny 2000 years of work of the Holy Spirit in the Church is to deny Christ to some degree. The Bible is just one of the fruits of the Church, which demonstrates the presence of the Holy Spirit. There are many more fruits, but Pride stands in the way of many from joining. They would rather invent their own version of Christ, like a drinking buddy. I am not a fan of Pope Francis, but I still love the Church. It is much like being an American and having Obama as president. Unfortunately, many outsiders get confused at distinguishing what it means to have executive authority. "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”…"
Loving the Ride

Postby jimwalton » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:59 pm

I still need an explanation on what the Arian Psalms are. I guess I'll wait for your PM.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby Loving the Ride » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:21 am

Yes, I'll dig through my notes. There were a few references to it. Basically, they were Arabic Hymns within a Christian sect. Mohammed himself was an orphan raised in a Christian orphanage. His first wife was Christian, too, but I'm not sure if Arianism was her sect. It couldn't be Catholic, because she told Mohammed that he was a prophet.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:21 am.
Loving the Ride

Previous

Return to Islam