Board index Jesus

Who is Jesus?

Is Jesus Zeus/Jupiter?

Postby Just Running » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:29 am

"Amen" is used to end prayers as a reference to Amon, correct? And Amon-Ra is closely associated with Jupiter.

So Jesus is, in fact, our guy?
Just Running

Re: Is Jesus Zeus/Jupiter?

Postby jimwalton » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:52 am

> "Amen" is used to end prayers as a reference to Amon, correct?

Not that I know of. I'm not aware of any etymological connection. If you have evidence, I'd be pleased to see it. "Amen" is a Hebrew word for "truth" dating back to about 1000 BC. Amun was the creator deity of Egypt. Because the two words have letter relationships in pronunciation doesn't show an etymological relationship. Amun was a hieroglyph ( a king with two plumes, the ankh symbol, and a scepter), and Amen in Hebrew is אָמֵן. The two have no more in common than claiming Donald Trump's last name and tromping on people as a reference to each other. It's an unjustified association. Do you have any evidence that prayers to Amon ended in "amen"?

And while Anum-Re came to be associated with Zeus/Jupiter in the Greek mythology, I don't understand your alleged "connection" of Zeus with Jesus. Zeus was the chief of the gods, so I might understanding it a little more if you had tried to illegitimately connect Zeus with YHWH, but trying to illegitimately connect Zeus with Jesus is a stretch that doesn't make any sense, and as far as I know has no evidence.

So let's discuss it. Help me out here. Where is the historical or theological flow in history (documentation) that connects Zeus with Jesus?

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:52 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Jesus