Board index Jesus

Who is Jesus?

Is there evidence of Jesus's works?

Postby Magic Man » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:58 pm

Is there any evidence of jesus christ actually doing what he did?

I'm a former christian turned agnostic, just because of the lack of evidence, I really want to believe in something after death but it's just hard with no evidence. And when I have asked this question in other places I would get bible quotes so if you are going to do that please don't take the time to answer.
Magic Man

Re: Is there evidence of Jesus's works?

Postby jimwalton » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:36 am

The evidence was have of Jesus's works and teachings are the 4 Gospels, which have been assessed as reliable. There has yet to be a single proof of anything incorrect in any of them, which leads us to lean towards the idea that they were written by sane, honest men who were telling us the truth. But if you have proof of any fraud or inaccuracies, we can talk about that.

Outside of the Bible, we have very little. Josephus mentioned (in a text that is hotly debated) that Jesus was known for his miracles. The only other piece we have is a bowl discovered in Alexandria, Egypt, dating from the 1st century, speaking of Christ as a magician. Again, it points us to the idea that Jesus was known for His miracles.

That's all we have, but the Gospels are sufficient. They have not been proven wrong on any point. if you are accusing the writers of fraud (just as Trump is accusing the election process as a fraud), then you need to provide evidence to prove there's fraud.

I'd be glad to talk about it some more.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:36 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Jesus