Board index The End of the World

Everybody's interested, but nobody cares? Endless theories, wild speculation, and many ancient prophecies. What does the Bible say? Ask what you want.

Is the USA the “mystery Babylon?” Are we headed for WW3 ver

Postby Kamistra » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:47 am

Is the USA the “mystery Babylon?” Are we headed for WW3 very soon?
Kamistra

Re: Is the USA the “mystery Babylon?” Are we headed for WW3

Postby jimwalton » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:36 pm

There’s no particular reason to see the U.S. in specific as Babylon the Prostitute of Revelation 17-18. Though identification of things can be pretty tricky in Revelation, almost EVERYONE perceives Babylon as a global entity, not a limited or national one. Some think it’s a great religious system, others an apostate world church, and most see it as a dominant world system.

Babylon is most often perceived as a system (worldview, cultural paradigm, common outlook) involving the “prostitution” of all that is right and noble for the questionable ends of global power and luxury for the elite—the sum total of pagan culture, social, intellectu

As such, the U.S. is too small a thought for Babylon, though the U.S. and what is going here could easily be a part of it—that is, if the U.S. is still a country when the End Times comes. We as a country are easily part of the globalism movement, paganism (growth of atheism, New Age, secularism), luciferianism, scientism (technocracy). But we’re not Babylon all by ourselves.

> Are we headed for WW3 very soon?

I’m not a prophet, but the world is on edge. Wars are usually grabs for power or resources. World wars often happen because of a political offense and a daisy-chain of alliances that require everyone to jump in. In my opinion, the situation is ripe for a global conflict, but I don’t see it as “around the corner.” I mean, duh, it could happen today, but looking at the world situation, I don’t expect that, nor do I see it in the near future (within a year or two). More imminent, I see a civil war in America surrounding all this political battle going on, Antifa, BLM, White supremacists, election fraud, etc. Then again, America at war with itself could just open us up to attack by a power thinking the time was opportune to capture our vast resources and take advantage of our conflicted situation.

I still think that a lot of events we see going on now could easily be interpreted as End Times markers, but it has been so through much of history. I’m not confident at all in my prognostication abilities. I just pray to God I’ll recognize what’s going on when it’s happening. I don’t claim any ability to see it coming.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby Kamistra » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:01 pm

Thanks Jim! The things I’ve read in Isiah and Ezekiel conflict with what others have been saying about US being the “mystery Babylon” which is why I asked! I read so much everywhere....Bible, news, etc.. it’s so difficult to decifer! I’m just trying to understand things better. I guess I figure knowledge is helpful, but sometimes it isn’t! My major focus is my faith, but I also don’t want to get caught “with my pants down!” It seems like the Bible tells us what we should do to prepare, but some of the Bible is difficult to interpret for me. I wish there was like a simpler version to understand! I feel like I have to read and re-read so much!!

Thanks for always responding! It means a lot to me!
Kamistra

Postby jimwalton » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:44 am

Always glad to help. We learn piece by piece, by fits and starts. There’s always too much to process, but we all do the best we can. The emphasis of the Bible is on preparedness far more than on deciphering the signs. Jesus guaranteed us that we will not be successful at deciphering those signs, but He did give them to us. So we prepare by watching, reading, learning, and we’re alert. We can’t do more than that.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:44 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to The End of the World