Board index The End of the World

Everybody's interested, but nobody cares? Endless theories, wild speculation, and many ancient prophecies. What does the Bible say? Ask what you want.

UAE: How many of you aware of Antichrist?

Postby Puzzled Emu » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:29 pm

if the deal between isreal and UAE has done, then you would probably know what would happen and who is the antichrist. Once the temple mount collapsed. We know we have very less time than we think and I believe it's gonna happen In a month to year :oops: , praise the Lord, Jesus. Give glory to him
Puzzled Emu

Re: UAE: How many of you aware of Antichrist?

Postby jimwalton » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:31 pm

Let's talk about Daniel 9.27.

"He will confirm a covenant." It's very unspecific. A covenant is not always a peace treaty. Sometimes a covenant is just a legal contract with the stipulations of their relationship (we put a ruler over you, you pay taxes, etc. whatever). There is no indication that this contract/covenant will be a friendly or a peaceful one. Many feel that this refers to a 7-year peace treaty that Antichrist will make with the Jews before the Tribulation period. It seems from the next phrase in the vest that the one thing involved in the treaty will be the reestablishment of the Jewish temple sacrificial system. The UAE treaty with Israel was not for 7 years, nor did it involve a reestablishment of the Jewish sacrificial system. What are your thoughts?

"with many for one 'seven' ." This is thought to be a 7-year period. What do you think this has to do with the UAE treaty with Israel?

"In the middle of the seven he will put an end to sacrifice and offering." This leads me to believe that the sacrificial system is functional. That requires a priesthood and a temple, right?

"And on a wing [of the temple he will set up] an abomination that causes desolation." Only time will tell what this is if you are right.

"until the end that is decreed is poured out on him." Again, we'll have to see.

I'm curious to hear what you are thinking.

> Once the temple mount collapsed.

What do you mean by this? Solomon's temple at the hands of Nebuchadnezzar? Herod's temple at the hands of Rome?

Let's talk.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby Blazz » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:56 am

"Many feel" Many in the United States. But most of them only since the last 150 years when these teachings (dispensationalism) started to become established. Outside the US - not many. In the world of theology - mostly one seminary in Dallas TX.

In all the above, it referred to the time of the first century AD between Jesus and the destruction of the Temple in 70AD.
Blazz

Postby jimwalton » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:13 pm

Thanks for the discussion. I appreciate the dialogue.

> "Many feel" Many in the United States.

By "many feel," I mean biblical scholars.

> Many in the United States. But most of them only since the last 150 years when these teachings (dispensationalism) started to become established. Outside the US - not many. In the world of theology - mostly one seminary in Dallas TX.

In general, the main positions on who the "he" is who will confirm a covenant are:

1. Titus, the Roman emperor in AD 70. It is felt by some scholars that the prophecy found fulfillment in Titus, but there will also be a later fulfillment by an actual antichrist figure in the end times.

2. Whoever the "little horn" acting in vv. 24-25 is. The primary theories there are Antiochus Epiphanes, the persecuting Caesars of the Roman Empire, The Pope, or the antichrist.

3. Antiochus Epiphanes, and his alliance with the Hellenizing Jews.

I know dispensationalism and Darbyism brought a new interpretation to these texts. It's still on our shoulders to study, reason, consider what they've said, draw conclusions, and then discuss it with other interested people. That's hopefully what you and I are doing here.

> In all the above, it referred to the time of the first century AD between Jesus and the destruction of the Temple in 70AD.

This is one theory. The most predominant theory is that Dan 9.24-27 referred to Antiochus Epiphanes, but also in extension to the End Times—Antiochus was seen as a kind of prototype of one who was to come later who would be even worse.

In any case, with all of these theories, it doesn't seem that the UAE treaty with Israel is a candidate that anyone is seriously considering as a fulfillment of this prophecy, except the OP who thinks it's clear.

Let's talk about it some more if you want to.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby Puzzled Emu » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:16 pm

People don't believe until antichrist comes, it's weired. All process happens like very fast, like in amonth, you are reffering to old testament, but in new testament it's different. It's about things about to happen I believe and don't forget Jesus like number 3 and 7
Puzzled Emu

Postby jimwalton » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:19 pm

I happen to think both testaments count, and that both testaments have a lot of legitimate things to say about prophecy, even End Times prophecy.

So let's talk about the New Testament. "Jesus like number 3 and 7." You'll have to explain this one.

But this is a worthwhile discussion. Let's talk about some NT texts that you think pertain to the UAE/Israel situation, antichrist, Jesus and symbolic numbers (which, of course, numbers are symbolic). But what NT texts are you talking about that is "different"?

For me, for prophecy to be valid, we have to consider all of the pieces; they all have to fit. Just finding one that you think is amazing isn't good enough for Scripture. So let's talk about it.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby Puzzled Emu » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:37 pm

if daniel never said king dreams about the tree and statue. till date nobody would knew it but it happened!, you can't keep pieces together because we don't know what's happening. some of them may already completed? and this is one of them
Puzzled Emu

Postby jimwalton » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:43 pm

> if daniel never said king dreams about the tree and statue. till date nobody would knew it but it happened!

Yes, of course. Without Daniel's interpretation, we wouldn't know these things. It may still have happened (and probably would have), but Daniel's prophecy shows God's knowledge and God's involvement in history.

> you can't keep pieces together because we don't know what's happening. some of them may already completed? and this is one of them

Well, God wouldn't have bothered to tell us if He didn't want us to know. We do our best to figure out the pieces and to put the puzzle together. I agree that some may have already happened, but it's hard to tell at this point if this is one of them.

But what are the New Testament texts you're talking about, and what is it you are saying about Jesus and the symbolic numbers?
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby Puzzled Emu » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:23 am

Daniel's 2600 days and in bible it's mentioned that if daily sacrifice was halted by Jews and israel then it's the time.
Puzzled Emu

Postby jimwalton » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:39 am

Daniel mentions 70 sevens (presumably 490 years), 7 sevens and 62 sevens (x 360 = 173,880 days; x 365 = 176,295, presumably 420 years). 62 sevens = 434 years. The last seven = 2555 days. In the middle of the 7 = 3.5 years, or 1277.5 days.

So is the 7 year period of 2555 days what you're talking about saying "Daniel's 2600 days"? OK, so what about it? What are you telling me about it?

> in bible it's mentioned that if daily sacrifice was halted by Jews and israel then it's the time.

Daily sacrifice was halted by the Jews in AD 70.

If Daniel 9.27 refers to the End Time, the halting of sacrifices will be in the middle of the 7, or 1260 days.

But sacrifices are not going on right now, even though the treaty with UAE has happened. So how can this be the antichrist?

And you still haven't told me about what New Testament texts you're referring to, and what you're saying about Jesus and the symbolic numbers. Can you be more clear, please? I want to discuss this, but you're giving me brief sentences, partial thoughts, and no real analysis of the text. All you've told me is that UAE made a treaty with Israel, so you think they're the antichrist. But that's not good enough. There is a LOT more that we know about the antichrist that this treaty and UAE doesn't fit, unless you share with me what you're thinking.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Next

Return to The End of the World