Board index The End of the World

Everybody's interested, but nobody cares? Endless theories, wild speculation, and many ancient prophecies. What does the Bible say? Ask what you want.

US Embassy and Prophecy

Postby Quarantined » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:44 am

Following something a friend posted about the second coming prophecy, where they mentioned one of the prerequitises being the US Embassy being moved into Jerusalem, where exactly does that part of the prophecy come from? I mean, the prophecy was written well before the US existed, let alone North America being discovered. So how were the lines connected between the text and an American embassy? Thanks!
Quarantined

Re: US Embassy and Prophecy

Postby jimwalton » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:29 am

I don't think it comes from anywhere in the Bible. For 150 years, some Bible scholars and eschatology experts have been trying to figure out how America fits into End Times prophecy, and the answers have generally been one of two: (1) America doesn't fit in, or (2) we are part of the coalition of nations mentioned. So saying, The US moving its embassy to Jerusalem is certainly NOT one of the prerequisites for the end times clock to begin ticking. I think the only way it could be seen as a fulfillment is indirectly, viz., that the move has made Jerusalem more of a center of power as well as more of a target. A quick perusal of Internet claims that this move was explicitly in prophecy revealed...you guessed it...nothing. They spout a handful of generic texts about Israel in the land, but it's inaccurate to say those speak of the US embassy move to Jerusalem.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:29 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to The End of the World