Board index Christianity

What is Christianity

Why are you a Christian?

Postby Numbers » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:27 pm

What makes Christianity different from islam/jewish beliefs? Why choose Christianity rather than any of the other religions?
Numbers

Re: Why are you a Christian?

Postby jimwalton » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:58 pm

Here's why I'm a Christian.

1. I gain a relationship with God.

2. I am forgiven from my sins and my slavery to sin.

3. I am given new life in Christ. I am a new creation.

4. Christianity gives my life meaning and purpose.

5. I am a Christian because I find that the evidence for Christianity is convincing.

6. I am a Christian because Christianity squares with the way the world is and the way people are. It tells an honest and accurate story of humanity and life.

7. God changes lives. In Jesus my mind is transformed and renewed and my actions are focused to the direction of purpose and significance: the glory of God, the improvement of life, justice in the world, hope and help for the poor, and goodness toward humankind.

8. Christianity helps me understand history, science, philosophy, and psychology.

9. I am a Christian because Christianity makes logical sense and is reasonable.

10. It makes sense with what I see of conscience, morality, beauty, and purpose.

As far as other religions, I don't find the worldviews of Hinduism, Islam, or Buddhism either consistent, true to life, or fundamentally true. So I follow the evidence where it leads and I have settled quite contentedly in Christianity. Thanks for asking. And obviously I'm willing to discuss it more.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:58 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Christianity