Board index Morality

How do we know what's right and what's wrong? how do we decide? What IS right and wrong?

Subjective Morality

Postby Newbie » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:28 am

I get so tired of Christians' hypocrisy. They say morality is objective, and never changes because it's based on the character and nature of God, while mocking others for their subjective morality. Then when I suggest that they don't follow their own rules about stoning adulterers or those who break the Sabbath, they claim their morality changed when Jesus came, but it's still objective. This doesn't even make sense, and it's just another example of Christian hypocrisy and dancing around the real issues, not giving any real answers. I get so tired of it.

Re: Subjective Morality

Postby jimwalton » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:29 am

Once there was a man who bought the best photo storage and display software possible. He loves his software, and showed it proudly to his friends, who were also very impressed. He swore to them, "I will never give this up. This is the best idea ever." In the course of time, the same company came devised an upgrade to their product. The man would not have to lose any of the great features of his photo software, but the new additions vastly improved it, and made it look even better. The man bought into the upgrade, delighted in all the new features. When he shared it with his friends, they chided him, mocking, "You said you'd never give up your old one. You're a liar and a hypocrite." The man protested, "My old one is still there, underneath the new one. I didn't give it up. But the new one makes so much more sense." The man continued to enjoy his new software, but his friends were no longer interested in seeing his pictures.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Morality