Board index God

How do we know there's a God? What is he like?

Are we just God's excrement?

Postby Little George » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:19 pm

I’m a new convert and have been avidly reading the Bible, when out of nowhere an idea hit me: If we are all part of god but we are also all sinners, wouldn’t that basically make us the waste product of god? This made me wonder if it’s possible god just shit the universe out and left us here. So in other words, is the universe technically just a gigantic toilet of God’s?
Little George

Re: Are we just God's excrement?

Postby jimwalton » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:22 pm

You need to read the Bible more, I'm guessing.

First of all, we are not all part of God. God is separate from creation and transcendent ("up there" and not part of us). He is only part of us as believers if we yield our lives to him and he comes to live inside of us (though he still remains separate).

Secondly of all, this—"we are also all sinners wouldn’t that basically make us the waste product of god"—isn't true either. Sin separated us from God, but there's no nothing in the Bible that we are not still in His image, nor that we have no value or worth in his eyes. He loves us deeply (Rom. 5.8; Jn. 3.16). Psalm 8 also speaks to our inherent dignity and worth, as does Gen. 9.6.

Third, there's nothing true about this: "This made me wonder if it’s possible god just shit the universe out and left us here." God created the universe as his temple to reflect his glory and majesty. That's a far cry from your statement.

Fourth, therefore, the universe is not a gigantic toilet of God's. He created the universe to be His temple, his dwelling place, a place that would show forth his majesty and glory and that would reflect the power and splendor of His being. It's exactly the opposite of what you are saying.

Since you're a new convert, it seems you have much to learn. Feel free to discuss more with me.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:22 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to God