Board index Assorted Bible Questions

Assorted and general Bible questions that really don't fit any of the other categories

Re: Why should I stick with my faith?

Postby Nic J » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:14 pm

So I am still struggling in my faith. That's what these questions have been helping with. Does God, or would he, use someone while they are struggling in their faith?
Nic J

Re: Why should I stick with my faith?

Postby jimwalton » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Peter denied Jesus (Jn. 18.15-18, 25-27). Jesus forgave him and brought him back into good graces (Jn. 21.15-17). Peter found himself not only forgiven, but trusted. He was not only forgiven, but given great responsibility. I happen to think that Peter’s struggles became part of his strength.

Mark 9.24. The man’s honesty still speaks to us all. Has God used this man (we don’t even know his name) to speak to each one of us through the centuries. Plus, I can’t imagine this man not telling everyone he knew what Jesus had done for him, even while he was struggling with his faith.

Elijah. In 1 Kings 18 he had his great victory on Mt. Carmel. In 1 Kings 19 he is scared (3), doubting (4), fatigued, frustrated, and feeling like a failure. At the end of the chapter God says, “I’m not done with you yet. I have work for you to do" (15-18).

Moses. After God appears to him to tell him His plan, Moses says, “Get somebody else” (Ex. 4.13). But God uses Moses’ vulnerabilities and self-doubts as part of his strength (Ex. 4.10-12; Num. 12.3).

Gideon. God comes to call him to ministry, and Gideon replies with doubts and questions (Judges 6.13). God tells him what to do, and Gideon has more doubts (6.15). God still gives him more, and Gideon still doesn’t buy into it (6.36-40). God uses him anyway.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:19 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Assorted Bible Questions