Board index Assorted Bible Questions

Assorted and general Bible questions that really don't fit any of the other categories

Why are we here?

Postby Red Hot » Thu May 11, 2023 2:39 pm

More specifically, if God tells us that Earth isn’t our home, than why did He send us all here? I understand why He created us, I know the story of creation, but my question is why did He put us in a world we don’t belong in? If that makes any sense. I’m really struggling to understand.
Red Hot

Re: Why are we here?

Postby jimwalton » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:21 pm

The Bible tells us that the Earth IS our home, but not our "forever" home. We are here because God created this beautiful life-supporting planet to be our home where we could live and thrive and be in relationship with God.

"Why did He send us all here?" God didn't send us here. We are born here as physical beings and God meets us here to invite us to be in relationship with Him.

"Why did He put us in a world we don’t belong in?" We belong in this world, but life doesn't last forever, and then what? When the Bible says this world is not our home, and that we are strangers and aliens here, it is speaking spiritually. The "world" (people) reject God, and "worldliness" often lures us away from relationship with God. This world of sin and suffering is not where we as believers can live and thrive in spiritual relationship with God. It is, instead, a place of temptation and sometimes persecution. It's in that sense that it's not our home.

Feel free to ask further questions.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:21 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Assorted Bible Questions