Board index Sex

Re: Should Christians ever masturbate?

Postby Truth Sets Free » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:24 pm

Would you mind expanding your 2nd and third points please?
Truth Sets Free

Postby jimwalton » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:25 pm

I don't mind at all.

"biblical literacy is way down." People just don't know the Bible very well any more. A survey by LifeWay Research shows that only 19% of Protestants read their Bible every day, 25% "a few times a week," 38% occasionally, and 18% rarely or never. There was an article in Biola magazine in 2014 called "The Crisis of Biblical Illiteracy," and in Christianity Today in 2015 titled, "The Epidemic of Biblical Illiteracy." Compared to other eras, our knowledge of the Bible is tragically low. It's one of the reasons we get so much distortion, misunderstanding, and unsubstantiated claims on this forum. People just read superficially now, if at all.

"Christian students are ill-prepared for the kind of intellectual persecution that will hit them in college." College campuses are notorious for attacks on Christians and their faith.

* 2011. InterVarsity Christian Fellowship excluded from campuses across the nation because they had a policy that leaders follow Christian principles and the goals of their organization.
    * 2016. The U.S. Commission of civil rights argued that Bible-believing Christians employ the phrase "religious liberty" as a code for "discrimination, intolerance, racism, sexism, homophobia, Islamophobia, Christian supremacy or any form of intolerance.”
    * 2017. The SPLC labelled all Christian churches and ministries as "hate groups". Mark Potok, former SPLC spokesman, said, "ometimes the press will describe us as monitoring hate groups. I want to say plainly that our aim in life is to destroy these groups, completely destroy them.”
    * 2018. There are numerous media articles showing that professors are hard on, if not discriminating against, conservative students, including Christian students. The articles talk about how any such student gets lower grades because they don't subscribe to the liberal and atheist worldview.
    * Feb, 2018: University of Central Oklahoma welcomes drag queen shows and safe sex carnivals, but denies the Christian group their right to invite Christian speakers to campus.
    * Feb, 2018. A Christian student organization at Harvard University was placed on probation as a "hate group," claiming the group gives a “platform to homophobia, conversion therapy, and hate.”
    * April, 2018. George Washington University offers a seminar on "Fighting 'Christian Privilege' " in the country. “The training sessions are designed to ‘equip students and staff with the necessary skills to promote diversity and inclusion in the different environments in which they find themselves frequently.’ ”
    * May, 2018. A Michigan high school refused to let a motivational speaker on their campus (who was going to speak about his personal story as an adopted son and what it takes to overcome life's difficulties) when someone did an Internet search and found out he was a Christian.
    * June, 2018. A Christian high school teacher in Brownsberg, IN, was forced to resign when he refused to call transgender students by their chosen names instead of—as was his policy—to call them by their last names.
    * November, 2018. Isabella Chow, a student senator at Berkeley, UC, was harassed for abstaining from an LGBTQ vote because she was Christian. She made a statement decrying discrimination, condemned bullies and bigots, and called the LGBTQ community "valid and loved." She was accused of "hateful prejudices", "bigotry," and "disturbing" views. Over 1000 students signed a petition accusing her of hatred and called her comments "violent, hypocritical, and bigoted."
jimwalton
Site Admin

Postby Truth Sets Free » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:22 am

> June, 2018. A Christian high school teacher in Brownsberg, IN, was forced to resign when he refused to call transgender students by their chosen names instead of—as was his policy—to call them by their last names.

That's crazy. I could understand if he was using first names... what do you think of the current transgender trend, especially among children? Do you foresee a predictable fallout from any/all of this?
Truth Sets Free

Postby jimwalton » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:40 am

In my opinion there will be fallout. If I'm not mistaken, though I don't have the stats at my fingertips, they are already detecting some psychological and social problems with kids getting transgender transitions too early. I have a friend who works at the local county hospital who said that there are waiting lists of people requesting the surgery. As with anything else, there will be some noticeable negative fallout from it, in my opinion. We'll see.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:40 am.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Sex