Board index Specific Bible verses, texts, and passages 2 Kings

2 Kings 19:35 - What kind of angel was that?

Postby Pinky » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:59 am

What type of Angel is that?

First of, im sorry if this question appears random and out of touch but i don't know a lot about christianity and i haven't found an answer to my question on the internet. So here we go:

I guess you guys are familiar with the Angel that killed 185 000 Assyrians (2 Kings 19:35) And i have been wondering which type of Angel that would be?

Seraphim, Cherubim, Ophanim, Thrones, Dominions, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Archangel, Angel.

Again, i am sorry my knowledge of angels and the bible is lacking. I was hoping someone would know an answer to this question.
Pinky

Re: 2 Kings 19:35 - What kind of angel was that?

Postby jimwalton » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:11 am

As far as we know, there are different kinds of spirit beings (cherubim, seraphim, archangels, and angels), but only one kind of angel. We are not aware from the Bible of different classifications of angels. An angel is a messenger who delivers God's message, or on some occasions does an action that God wants done—sometimes pleasant, and sometimes in judgment. As far as we know, it's just an angel.

There are other places in the Bible where angels act in judgment:

• 2 Samuel 24.16-17: An angel kills some of the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
  • Acts 12.23: An angel touches King Herod causing him to fall over dead, eaten by worms.
  • Many occurrences in the book of Revelation.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Re: 2 Kings 19:35 - What kind of angel was that?

Postby Pinky » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:09 pm

Thank you! I'll read up on those places!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:09 pm.
Pinky

Return to 2 Kings