Board index Sin

All about sin. What is it, how does it work, what does it do—whatever your questions are

Is sin part of God's plan for us?

Postby Veronika » Sun May 20, 2018 5:56 pm

The Bible says that God has a plan for everyone. He knows the beginning, the journey, and the end result. My question or really why I’m confused is a lot of that journey involves sin. For example: My mother was 16 when she got pregnant with me and it was out of wedlock. That’s a sin according to the Bible. She got married right after, had two more children over the years and is still married to my father 28 years later. One would assume that that is/was God’s plan for her life. I brought this up in conversation to her not too long ago and she commented that even though she doesn’t regret the decisions she’s made in life she feels that “I” was in God’s plan for her but maybe a little later in life and not at 16. So I guess I’m confused because I feel as though God would not allow anything to happen or be born if he didn’t want it to be. So yes, he allowed my mother to conceive a child so young because that was his plan for her. But if that’s the case then he also needed that “sin” of sex before marriage to happen. So does he know your sins ahead of time and just go with it? Or does he allow the sin because it’s going to get us where we’re going? Is he condoning sin in a hypocritical way? I was taught growing up that sinning is bad and to try your hardest not to but if my mother wouldn’t have sinned I wouldn’t have been born and God’s initial plan would not have been carried out. So when God’s planning out out life journeys he’s also planning/including the sins he knows we will commit to get there. It just doesn’t make sense to me. I’ve just been circling around this thought for weeks and I just don’t understand it.
Veronika

Re: Is sin part of God's plan for us?

Postby jimwalton » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:10 pm

> The Bible says that God has a plan for everyone.

No it doesn't.

> He knows the beginning, the journey, and the end result.

It's true he knows, but knowledge isn't causative. Knowledge doesn't make anybody do anything.

> My question or really why I’m confused is a lot of that journey involves sin.

Sin was the choice of humans, not the plan of God. God's plan for us involved life and relationship, not rebellion and death.

> One would assume that that is/was God’s plan for her life.

No, not so. People make their own choices. Sin is never God's plan for us. I'm so sorry to hear about all your pain. Can we talk more?

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:10 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Sin