Board index Government and Politics

Government, politics, the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Amendments to the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Equal Access Law, and anything else that comes to mind.
Forum rules
This is not a forum for partisan expressions, party wars, or insult. Its function is to discuss the way biblical teachings relate to our governmental systems.

National Sunday law

Postby Hi Ho Silver » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:35 pm

i am a former Adventist also a former christian who has been raised with the USA is going to implement a national Sunday law as a test of our faith in jesus. do you support a national Sunday law and requiring everyone to go to church on Sunday.
Hi Ho Silver

Re: National Sunday law

Postby jimwalton » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:36 pm

I've never heard of such a law, a proposal of such a law, or even the possibility of such a law. It sounds like fake news.

I do not support a national Sunday law requiring everyone to go to church on Sunday. If such a law were ever enacted, which would never be approved, it would be a horror. First of all, there is separation of Church and State, and the government cannot establish religion, by law. Second of all, I don't churches filled with people who don't want to be there. Horrible. That's not what church is supposed to be.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Government and Politics