Board index Government and Politics

Government, politics, the U.S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Amendments to the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, the Equal Access Law, and anything else that comes to mind.
Forum rules
This is not a forum for partisan expressions, party wars, or insult. Its function is to discuss the way biblical teachings relate to our governmental systems.

Do you consider Trump a Christian?

Postby Spelunker » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:26 am

Would you consider him a Christian?

I wonder if he legitimately thinks he’s a Christian, or if he’s admitted to himself that he’s just putting on a show for political points?

Do you think he considers premarital, extramarital or adulterous sex to be a sin, and he can just pray his way into heaven or something?
Spelunker

Re: Do you consider Trump a Christian?

Postby jimwalton » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:32 am

> Would you consider him a Christian?

Not at all. I don't see anything in him that would make me think he's a Christian.

> I wonder if he legitimately thinks he’s a Christian, or if he’s admitted to himself that he’s just putting on a show for political points?

It's hard to know what he thinks or what his motives are. He seems to be more of a conservative than a liberal, so maybe he thinks he shares certain values in common with Christians. But there's a problem, since it seems that his value system is all upside-down and backwards.

> Do you think he considers premarital, extramarital or adulterous sex to be a sin, and he can just pray his way into heaven or something?

Who knows what he thinks, but I'm not aware he's a praying man, and he never seems penitent. I just hope he doesn't think he's earning his way to heaven, because there is no such thing as earning your way. Even if there were, his adulteries, lies, name-calling, and who knows what else puts him very far from the line.

Just like all people without Christ, he needs to repent of his sins, come to Christ humbly, and give his life over to Christ. I have heard no reports that he has ever taken those steps or ever intends to. We can only pray for the man, join him where he is making good decisions, oppose him when he makes bad decisions, and pray for our country and the world.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Government and Politics