Board index Morality

How do we know what's right and what's wrong? how do we decide? What IS right and wrong?

What is your opinion of God's morality?

Postby Ernest » Sun May 20, 2018 8:21 pm

I am an atheist and I have a question, do you christians believe that god is a good person/being/entity. The bible lists many times that god has commited deeds which, if done by a human, surely would make them aboslutely evil. So if you believe that god is good then what is it that excludes god from following the same moral rules that humans are expected to?
Ernest

Re: What is your opinion of God's morality?

Postby jimwalton » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:57 pm

> do you christians believe that god is a good person/being/entity.

Absolutely. God is good. God is righteous.

> The bible lists many times that god has commited deeds which, if done by a human, surely would make them aboslutely evil.

I disagree deeply with this supposition. You would only think that if you are misunderstanding what the Bible is saying about God. We would need to talk about it to know to what you are specifically referring.

> So if you believe that god is good then what is it that excludes god from following the same moral rules that humans are expected to?

Nothing excludes God. God is good. God is righteous. God doesn't have to follow moral rules. God is righteous by nature.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:57 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Morality