Board index Assorted Bible Questions

Assorted and general Bible questions that really don't fit any of the other categories

How do you trust God

Postby A Guy » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:25 pm

It's seems every time I start going through something very bad I start losing trust a little trust, I know this makes me sound weak in faith but trust me I've gone through some bad things i know everyone goes throughhard times but just try not to judge me . I feel like I'm being tormented and punished for something I've done I'm not sure what but it hurts alot when you see everything you've worked so hard for start to sleep away . My mother keeps telling me to persevere and trust God but it's hard . I feel God hates me
A Guy

Re: How do you trust God

Postby jimwalton » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:30 pm

To trust God is to rest in the reality that God is sovereign, we have confidence in His wisdom (and how He is at work in our lives), working out salvation history to His ends. It is a confidence in the person, wisdom, and work of God.

It’s belief, it’s knowledge, and it’s the love relationship itself. When we trust God, we are acknowledging before Him that we don’t know what the next minute will bring. Our ways, our thoughts, our intuitions, and preferences, have to be transformed by the renewing of our minds (Rom. 12.2). We have enough knowledge about His character and His ways that we can trust in Him rather than ourselves. We know who we are in Him and where we stand. And we know that He always treats his children with love.

Everybody goes through hard times. As a matter of fact, Jesus seemed to indicate that Christians have more times than others, so don't lose your faith over it.

Look at the people of the Bible. Abraham was comfortable until God called him to leave and go to Canaan. Then his life got really hard.

Moses was comfortable until God called him out of Midian to lead the Israelites. Then his life got really messy and hard.

When Nehemiah obeyed God, his life got much more difficult.

When Esther obeyed God, her life got much more difficult.

When Daniel obeyed God, his life got much more difficult.

Jesus's life of obedience was a difficult one.

When Paul obeyed God, his life got much more difficult.

You're in good company, which is the point of Hebrews 12.1-3. Maybe you could read those brief verses for encouragement.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:30 pm.
jimwalton
Site Admin

Return to Assorted Bible Questions